Goal: A self-contained way to travel to mountain biking destinations.
Method: Buy a Mercedes Sprinter van, add power, heat, water, sleeping, living, and storage areas.
Outcome: The Escape Pod! Not your grandparents’ RV, not a boring old truck. The right mix of comfort and accessibility.
- Van: 2015 4×4 170″ wheelbase Sprinter Crew van
- Electrical: 700Ah 12v Lithium battery, Victron 120v AC inverter and monitor, Blue Sea switch and fuse components
- Solar: 785W of Grape Solar panels, Victron solar converter
- Lighting: 12v dimmable LED lights
- Heating: Eberspacher Airtronic D2 diesel powered hot air heater
- Interior: Interweave covered wall panels, bamboo cabinets
- Plumbing: Hot and cold shower and sink
- Storage: Space for 4 bikes and camping gear
- Bed: Removable platform bed above bike storage area
See some photos here.